Ranked by CollegeGrad as a Top 500 Entry Level Employer in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2015, 2016 and 2017, and a top 100 Entry Level Employer in 2010 and 2011.
We operate in 45 U.S. locations, and 5 across Canada, establishing us as HP and 3M's largest distributor in North America.
Voted "Vendor of the Year" by Fastsigns, Sign World, and AlphaGraphics.
This year we are proud to celebrate Grimco’s 142nd year in business. It’s a very unique milestone within our industry.
Our number 1 goal is continued growth in all wholesale markets for distribution of sign-making supplies.
Grimco's CEO, Bob Hummert, was a recipient of the 2015 EY Entrepreneur of the Year® award.
“We need to continue to focus on growing our employees and our systems.
Ultimately, those two things will grow Grimco.”
Mission & Values
We strive to be a high performance leader in our industry that:
- Attracts customers and exceeds their expectations
- Provides an enriching, fulfilling and rewarding work environment for employees
- Achieves solid financial performance
- Values long term relationships with vendors and customers
Our Corporate Values:
- Our Employees! We recognize that our employees are our number one asset!
- Individual ideas/creative additions from our employees that will improve performance and efficiency!
- Communication! We operate at all levels with an open door policy!
- Teamwork and flexibility! We expect each employee to go the extra mile for Grimco and for his/her team!
- Healthy competition!
- Thorough, accurate follow up!
- Our customers!
Grimco partners with many charitable foundations coast to coast:
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- American Cancer Society
- Lions Club International
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Cardinal Ritter College Preparatory School
- Christmas Season Adopt-A-Family
- De La Salle Middle School at St. Matthew's
- Lutheran Family Services
- St. Charles Youth & Family Services, Inc.
- Police Unity Tour
- Grimco also gives to needy families
What does it mean to Grimco?
Grimco, Inc. strives to provide employees numerous career opportunities within all departments of our company. By fostering employee development within our organization we hope to advance each of our employees’ professional and personal growth.
Rather than focusing on a single career progression plan for all employees, Grimco tailors career paths to each individual employee’s talents, strengths, and interests. We do not believe in a “one size fits all” approach to an employee’s career path within our organization. We work diligently with each employee to identify their greatest abilities and attributes so that we can place them into positions where they will succeed the most.
Our focus on our employees’ development distinguishes us from other companies within our industry and supports our plans for continued growth by allowing us to cultivate the talent of our workforce
Employee Development Examples:
Here are examples of some of our valued employees - how long they've been with Grimco, where they started, and where they are today.
Year of Service
Sales Representative - Dallas
Branch Manager - Dallas
Years of Service
Sales Representative - Nashville
Branch Manager - Nashville
Corporate Operations Specialist
Years of Service
IT Help Desk Representative
Director of IT - US & Canada
Years of Service
Years of Service
Sales Representative - Ft. Lauderdale
Branch Manager - Jessup
Years of Service
Sales Representative - Chicago
Executive Vice President
Grimco's full-time employees have access to the following benefits:
- Cigna Health Care: Choice of Open Access Plus or Health Savings Account
- Cigna Health Extras: Rx Program and Wellness Program
- Cigna Dental: Core Plan + Orthodontics Option
- Cigna Vision Plan
- 401(k) Plan with Annual Company Profit Contribution
- Participation in Competitions and Company Events
- Company paid life insurance and short term/ long term disability
- Company-paid accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Grimco Cares Fund Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary employee spouse & dependent life insurance
- Voluntary accident insurance Voluntary critical illness
- Casual dress Fridays
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off Accrual
New to the sign industry, and wondering what training is like?
- 3 weeks of focused training time (1 week at a branch location, 2 weeks at our Corporate Headquarters in Fenton, MO).
- Majority of time training is focused on: products, computer systems, phones/customers, sales/service, purchasing, logistics, web store, marketing, safety, accounting, human resources, and reports.
- Split between break-out session, hands-on learning environment, and front lines application of learning.
- Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employees approach tasks and achieve goals. Full-time salary includes training period.
- Travel accommodations and expenses provided per Grimco National Travel Policy.
- Training location determined by corporate/regional training team schedule.
Here are a few stories about what it's like to work at Grimco:
"If you want to be just another
number this place is not for you!"
"Grimco has provided me with the opportunity to meet and work with people who perpetuate an environment of success and growth. If you want to be just another number, this place is not for you! If you are looking for an opportunity to shape and advance your career through hard work, and work alongside people who possess the same drive that you do; Grimco is an excellent choice!" -Seela
"If you take care of Grimco,
Grimco will take care of you"
"Grimco will be the first to say, 'If you take care of Grimco, Grimco will take care of you.' This holds true in more ways than you can imagine. Grimco's culture is one of education, trust, and encouragement. We pride ourselves on the blind faith we put into our employees. We encourage you to work hard, take chances, and learn from your mistakes.- Betsy
"Being in a place like this
pushes you to be your best!"
"The best part about working Grimco is the level of experience and professionalism everyone brings. They’re all sharp and good at what they do, they continuously make me want to raise my game. Being in a place like this pushes you to be your best! And being your best will reward you with new opportunities. Six months ago, my position didn't even exist!" -Blair
We are looking for individuals that are:
CompetitiveWe are always competing!
Healthy competition pushes
everyone to exceed their goals
MotivatedWe are trying to change the
sign industry by hiring
motivated people with a great
sense of urgency.
DeterminedHard work and determination
are cornerstones to Grimco's
PassionateOur employees are always
excited about their work and
feel a sense of personal
EagerWe never shy away from
added responsibilities and we
are always eager to succeed.