Ranked by CollegeGrad as a Top 500 Entry Level Employer in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2015, 2016 & 2017, and a top 100 Entry Level Employer in 2010 and 2011.
We operate in over 50 U.S. locations, and 5 across Canada, establishing us as HP and 3M's largest distributor in North America.
Voted "Vendor of the Year" by Fastsigns, Sign World, and AlphaGraphics.
Founded in 1875, Grimco is one of the oldest and most trusted companies in our industry.
Our number 1 goal is continued growth in all wholesale markets for distribution of sign-making supplies.
GRIMCO's CEO, Bob Hummert, was a recipient of the 2015 EY Entrepreneur of the Year® award.
“We need to continue to focus on growing our employees and our systems.
Ultimately, those two things will grow Grimco.” - Keith Pittillo, Executive Vice-President -
Get To Know Us
Mission & Values
We strive to be a high performance leader in our industry that:
- Attracts customers and exceeds their expectations
- Provides an enriching, fulfilling and rewarding work environment for employees
- Achieves solid financial performance
- Values long term relationships with vendors and customers
Our Corporate Values:
- Our Employees! We recognize that our employees are our number one asset!
- Individual ideas/creative additions from our employees that will improve performance and efficiency!
- Communication! We operate at all levels with an open door policy!
- Teamwork and flexibility! We expect each employee to go the extra mile for Grimco and for his/her team!
- Healthy competition!
- Thorough, accurate follow up!
- Our customers!
GRIMCO® partners with many charitable foundations coast to coast:
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- American Cancer Society
- Lions Club International
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Cardinal Ritter College Preparatory School
- Christmas Season Adopt-A-Family
- De La Salle Middle School at St. Matthew's
- Lutheran Family Services
- St. Charles Youth & Family Services, Inc.
- Police Unity Tour
- GRIMCO® also gives to needy families
What does it mean to GRIMCO®?
Grimco, Inc. strives to provide employees numerous career opportunities within all departments of our company. By fostering employee development within our organization we hope to advance each of our employees’ professional and personal growth.
Rather than focusing on a single career progression plan for all employees, Grimco tailors career paths to each individual employee’s talents, strengths, and interests. We do not believe in a “one size fits all” approach to an employee’s career path within our organization. We work diligently with each employee to identify their greatest abilities and attributes so that we can place them into positions where they will succeed the most.
Our focus on our employees’ development distinguishes us from other companies within our industry and supports our plans for continued growth by allowing us to cultivate the talent of our workforce.
Employee Development Examples:
Here are examples of some of our valued employees - how long they've been with GRIMCO®, where they started, and where they are today.
Sales Representative - Dallas
Branch Manager - Dallas
Sales Representative - Nashville
Branch Manager - Nashville
IT Help Desk Representative
Director of IT - US & Canada
Sales Representative - Chicago
Executive Vice President
GRIMCO®'s full-time employees have access to the following benefits:
- Cigna Health Care: Choice of Open Access Plus or Health Savings Account
- Cigna Health Extras: Rx Program and Wellness Program
- Cigna Dental: Core Plan + Orthodontics Option
- Cigna Vision Plan
- 401(k) Plan with Annual Company Profit Contribution
- Participation in Competitions and Company Events
- Company paid life insurance and short term/ long term disability
- Company-paid accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- GRIMCO® Cares Fund Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary employee spouse & dependent life insurance
- Voluntary accident insurance Voluntary critical illness
- Casual dress Fridays
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off Accrual
New to the sign industry, and wondering what training is like?
- 3 weeks of focused training time (1 week at a branch location, 2 weeks at our Corporate Headquarters in Fenton, MO)
- Majority of time training is focused on: products, computer systems, phones/customers, sales/service, purchasing, logistics, web store, marketing, safety, accounting, human resources, and reports
- Split between break-out session, hands-on learning environment, and front lines application of learning
- Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employees approach tasks and achieve goals. Full-time salary includes training period
- Travel accommodations and expenses provided per GRIMCO®' National Travel Policy
- Training location determined by corporate/regional training team schedule