We may change this Policy from time to time, so please check back often. If we significantly change our collection, use, or disclosure practices, we will try to send you a notice via email, if you have provided us with an email address. This Policy is effective as of 11/18/2017.
This Policy will notify you of the followoing:
- What information we collect from you
- How we collect your information
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- Security measures to protect your information
- How to control the collection of your information and how you can correct any inaccuracies
What Information We Collect
We collect information that may or may not directly identify you. We collect the following categories of information:
- When you register online, we collect your name, email address, and user name and password you created
- When you place an online order, we collect your name, email and shipping addresses, and credit card information
- When you complete a survey or enter a contest, we collect your name, email and physical addresses, and demographic information
- When you visit and navigate our site, click on third party links provided on our website, or open our emails, we collect technical information about your use of our site, including IP address, device identifier, and viewing information
No Use By Children
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. By using this site, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
How We Collect Your Information
A. Direct Collection
We collect much of the information listed above directly from you when you submit it on our website. If you do not want to share this type of information, you can choose not to participate in a particular service or activity.
B. Indirect Collection
Technologies We Use
- Google Analytics:
- User ID for Google Analytics:
Google Analytics makes use of a feature called “User ID.” This setup allows for a more accurate tracking of users by associating that user with the same ID over various sessions and devices. It is set up in a way that does not allow Google to personally identify an individual or permanently identify a particular device. The User ID extension might make it possible to connect data from Google Analytics with other data about the user collected through this website. The opt-out link below will only opt you out for the device you are on, but not from tracking performed independently by the Owner.
- To opt out of tracking through Google Analytics, please contact us via the contact information provided at the end of this Policy. You can also learn more about this technology and how to opt-out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- User ID for Google Analytics:
- Google AdWords:
Facebook provides certain features and services, such as the Facebook Pixel, that allows sending data to Facebook, including actions ("Event Data") that users take on Grimco.com. Facebook will use the Event Data received to provide Grimco with services such as insights about the effectiveness of Facebook ads, or create audiences for remarketing, and in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy. Event Data will not be disclosed to other advertisers, unless Facebook is required to do so by law. Facebook will maintain the confidentiality and security of Event Data, including by maintaining technical and physical safeguards that are designed to: (a) protect the security and integrity of data while it is within Facebook’s systems; and (b) guard against the accidental or unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of data within Facebook’s systems. If you wish to opt-out of Facebook tracking, please visit the following resources:
Klaviyo is an email marketing service that permits Grimco to send personalized emails based on user interests and behavior. Personal information, such as names and emails, are shared with Klaviyo to permit their services. Klaviyo implements security measures designed to protect user data from unauthorized access, disclosure, or accidental loss or destruction. If you wish to opt-out of this service, you may utilize the “unsubscribe” links available on all Grimco marketing emails.
The website permits you to use third party social networking platforms, such as Facebook®, Twitter®, Youtube®, and LinkedIn®. This includes use of social media plugins such as Facebook “Like” and Twitter “Tweet”. When you use these social networking platforms and plugins, your username and password for each platform may be shared with us. In addition, they may be able to collect information about you, including your activity or may notify your connections on the social networking platform about your use of this website. Such services may allow your activity to be monitored across multiple websites for purposes of delivering more targeted advertising. Please note that their own privacy policies apply, and we encourage you to read them. We may add new social networking plugins and buttons to our websites from time to time.
How We Use Your Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process purchase transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide during registration will be used for:
- Order processing: we’ll send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
- Tailored marketing: we’ll send you information on products and services tailored to your interests
With Whom We Share Your Information
Other than the third party marketing partners we listed above, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your information to outside parties, except when we have your permission. However, we may disclose your information in order to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Security Measures to Protect Your Information
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via this website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Although we have the above data security safeguards in place, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services, and you do so at your own risk.
Control of Information Collection and How to Correct Inaccuracies
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided at the end of this Policy or on the website’s Contact Us page:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you, including tracked data.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each of our emails.
Misc. Privacy Information
A. Do Not Track
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. While the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has endorsed DNT, our website does not support DNT codes. However, except in the case of analytics cookies, remarketing and other features of Google Analytics described above, our website limits tracking to the internal uses described above and does not track your use across multiple websites. However, other websites to which we link may. Please review their privacy policies to understand how you may be tracked.
B. Social Networking Sites
C. Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these third party sites.
D. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of "personal information" (as defined in Section 1798.83(e)(7)) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at the contact information below, and make sure to state that you are a California Resident.
If have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: 800-542-9941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.