We may change this Policy from time to time, so please check back often. If we significantly change our collection, use, or disclosure practices, we will try to send you a notice via email, if you have provided us with an email address.
This Policy will notify you of the followoing:
- What information we collect from you
- How we collect your information
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- Security measures to protect your information
- How to control the collection of your information and how you can correct any inaccuracies
- Your rights if you live in California
What Information We Collect
We collect information that may or may not directly identify you. We collect the following categories of information:
- When you register online, we collect your name, email address, and user name and password you created
- When you place an online order, we collect your name, email and shipping addresses, and credit card information
- When you complete a survey or enter a contest, we collect your name, email and physical addresses, and demographic information
- When you visit and navigate our site, click on third party links provided on our website, or open our emails, we collect technical information about your use of our site, including IP address, device identifier, and viewing information
- When you apply for a job online, we collect your name, email address, mobile number, home phone number, home address, county, resume, work samples, transcripts, certifications, age, education level, work eligibility status, visa status, social security number, driver's license, accommodations, gender, ethnicity and race, veteran status, disability information.
- When you use our site, we collect certain analytical technical information. This is described under Technologies We Use below
No Use By Children
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. By using this site, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
How We Collect Your Information
A. Direct Collection
We collect much of the information listed above directly from you when you submit it on our website. If you do not want to share this type of information, you can choose not to participate in a particular service or activity.
B. Indirect Collection
Technologies We Use
- User ID for Google Analytics:
Google Analytics makes use of a feature called “User ID.” This setup allows for a more accurate tracking of users by associating that user with the same ID over various sessions and devices. It is set up in a way that does not allow Google to personally identify an individual or permanently identify a particular device. The User ID extension might make it possible to connect data from Google Analytics with other data about the user collected through this website. The opt-out link below will only opt you out for the device you are on, but not from tracking performed independently by the Owner.
- To opt out of tracking through Google Analytics, please contact us via the contact information provided at the end of this Policy. You can also learn more about this technology and how to opt-out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
The website permits you to use third party social networking platforms, such as Facebook®, Twitter®, Youtube®, LinkedIn®, and Instagram®. This includes use of social media plugins such as Facebook “Like” and Twitter “Tweet”. When you use these social networking platforms and plugins, your username and password for each platform may be shared with us. In addition, they may be able to collect information about you, including your activity or may notify your connections on the social networking platform about your use of this website. Such services may allow your activity to be monitored across multiple websites for purposes of delivering more targeted advertising. Please note that their own privacy policies apply, and we encourage you to read them. We may add new social networking plugins and buttons to our websites from time to time.
We may use Facebook to promote interest-based advertisements to users who have previously visited our site and to measure how users interact with those advertisements. We may do this using web tracking tools or by converting the email address, phone number, or other contact information you have provided us. Please visit Facebook for information on Facebook's advertising privacy policies and how to opt out https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
How We Use Your Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process purchase transactions
- To process job applications
- To enable you to review products we offer
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide during registration will be used for:
- Order processing: we’ll send you information and updates pertaining to your order
- Tailored marketing: we’ll send you information on products and services tailored to your interests
With Whom We Share Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your information to outside parties, except when we have your permission, to the marketing partners described above, or as described in this paragraph. We may disclose your personal information to service providers we use to perform services on behalf of GRIMCO such as website development and operation, preparation of marketing materials, sending postal mail or email, job applications, processing payments and processing data. To protect our customers’ privacy, we work only with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and prohibit them from using the information we provide for any other purpose. We do not permit these companies to sell or otherwise distribute the information we give them to any other third party except as described above. If you enter a contest that is considered a sweepstakes under various state laws, we are required to disclose your name to other entrants who ask, but only if you win.
We’ll ask for your consent before using your information for a purpose that extends beyond what you may reasonably expect from a wholesale sign supply manufacturer and distributor and that has a more significant privacy impact. We may disclose your information in order to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Security Measures to Protect Your Information
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via this website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Although we have the above data security safeguards in place, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services, and you do so at your own risk.
Control of Information Collection and How to Correct Inaccuracies
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided at the end of this Policy or on the website’s Contact Us page:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you, including tracked data
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each of our emails.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act:
The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") grants State of California residents the following rights, to:
- Know what personal information is being collected about them;
- Know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- Say no to the sale of their personal information;
- Access their personal information;
- Have their personal information deleted; and
- Have the right to equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights under this law.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies you, your household or your device or is reasonably capable of being connected with or linked to you, your household, or your device ("Personal Information"). Personal information does not include public information available from government records, de-identified or aggregated information or information that is protected by certain laws such as HIPAA for health related information and the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) for certain financial information.
We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Shipping address
- Mobile phone number
- Work phone number
- Home phone number
- Social security number (for job applicants)
- Driver's license number (for job applicants)
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address
- Personal Information Listed in the California Customer Records Statute
- The above identifiers
- Credit card and debit card account numbers
- Demographics (for surveys)
- For Job Applicants:
- Education level
- Employment history
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications
- For job applicants:
- Work eligibility status
- Visa status
- Ethnicity and race
- Veteran status
- Disability information
- Commercial Information
- Transaction information
- Warranty information
- Shipping information
- Biometric Information
- Not collected
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- Domain name
- Browser type
- Operating system
- Usage data
- Technical information described under Technologies We Use above
- Geolocation Data
- Information that tells us from where you access our website
- Sensory Data
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- For job applicants
- Work samples
- Non-public Education Information
- Education level
- Inferences Drawn from Other Personal Information
- Not collected
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example when you register for our online service or use the contact us form
- From third parties. Such as from our marketing partners described above and from third party services we use to conduct background checks for job applicants.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We share information in each of the above categories as follows:
- All categories of information
- We will share information in all of the above categories if our company is sold or we engage in a merger or other such transaction
- We will share information in all of the above categories of information in connection with a law enforcement request that is compliant with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- We share identifiers with service providers who use that information only to provide services to us such as website development and operating, sending postal mail or email, analyzing website use, job applications, processing payments and processing data.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- We share this information with our data analytics providers and marketing partners
How We Use Your Information
See "How We Use Your Information" above to learn how we use your information. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Retain and Store Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which we collected it and to comply with applicable laws. We use reasonable security precautions to protect your information while in storage.
Requests to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Requests to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise performing our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug online services to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
How To Submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete
To request this information please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 800-542-9941 and asking for ext. 1827 or
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and asking for a Consumer Request Form
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, email us at email@example.com and we will provide you with a form to make a designated agent request.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. To make a request, you must:
If you have a GRIMCO account:
- Log into your Company account and use our authentication process to verify your identity.
- Complete and submit the CCPA Consumer Request Form (if a form is not yet available when you log in, email us and we will provide you with a form)
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to understand, evaluate and respond to it.
If you are using our website as a guest:
- Call or email us to receive a CCPA Consumer Request Form
- Complete the CCPA Consumer Request Form
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or that you
are an authorized representative
- If you request the categories of information we collect, we require your first and last name and your email address.
- If you request the specific information or to have your information deleted, we require your first and last name, email address and information about your two most recent transactions with us.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We will try to respond to your request within forty-five (45) days of when we receive it. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
An amendment to the CCPA provides an exemption to the Right to Know and Right to Delete for personal information between a business and a person who is acting as an employee, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit, or government where the information is used in the context of a business transaction. This exemption is currently set to expire on January 1, 2021. Until that date, we will not respond to requests to know or delete that meet this exemption.
How To Submit an Opt-Out Request
We do not sell your information to third parties for money. We do provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes as described above and you may opt-out of that sharing.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sharing with third parties. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sharing with third parties at any time by emailing email@example.com.
We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request. We will act upon your opt-out request within 15 business days of receipt.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Misc. Privacy Information
A. Do Not Track
Do Not Track ("DN"") is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. While the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has endorsed DNT, our website does not support DNT codes. However, except in the case of analytics cookies, remarketing and other features of Google Analytics described above, our website limits tracking to the internal uses described above and does not track your use across multiple websites. However, other websites to which we link may. Please review their privacy policies to understand how you may be tracked.
B. Social Networking Sites
C. Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these third party sites.
D. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law (SB 220), permits customers in Nevada to opt-out of the sale of certain kinds of personal information. A sale under Nevada law is the transfer of this personal information to third parties for monetary consideration so these third parties can then re-sell or license the sold information. We do not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law. If you are a Nevada resident and wish to opt-out of the sale of your personal information should we change our practices in the future, you must send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: 800-542-9941 ext. 1827 or email@example.com.